Submitted on 6/9/2016 by John for Asian Theme Week (the week of 6/26/2016)
Author bio: Contributing Author for JaquesKitchen.com
Recipe country of origin China
Description: This is a Thai version of a Chinese recipe. You may have tried an Americanized version of this at The Cheesecake Factory.
2 tablespoons oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, cut into halves
6-8 finger-length dried red chilies, seeded and cut into halves
1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts, rinsed and drained
8 oz chicken, cut into small cubes
1 scallion, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-in lengths
1 teaspoon regular soy sauce
1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1/4 teaspoon sugar or to taste
2 tablespoons water
- Heat up a wok and add the oil.
- When the oil is heated, add the garlic, onion, dried red chilies and stir-fry until fragrant
- Add the cashew nuts and follow with the chicken.
- Stir-fry the chicken until the surface turns opaque.
- Add all the ingredients for the Sauce into the wok and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked.
- Stir-in the scallion
- serve with steamed rice.