This recipe for Ranch Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Gravy (No Canned Soups) was originally posted at whatsfordinnermoms.com by koolaidmoms.
Please visit their site for a terrific description and better pictures
We tried it and loved it. So I captured the recipe just to be sure I don’t loose it.
No Canned Cream Soup Soup: (use this in place of canned soups – add mushrooms, onions, etc. as desired to make different flavor soups)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1/2 and 1/2
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat melt the butter. Slowly whisk in the flour until it become thick. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken stock and then the heavy cream. Allow to cook until it becomes thick like gravy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 lbs. pork chops (not smoked)
- 1 packet of Ranch salad dressing (or spices equivalent)
- 1 recipe of No Canned Cream Soup Mix
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place pork chops in the bowl of the slow cooker. Mix ranch dressing packet with creamed soup mix. Pour the ranch soup mix over the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and cover to keep warm. Mix corn starch and water in a small bowl until the corn starch is fully dissolved. Turn the slow cooker to high and stir in the corn starch mix. Continue stirring until mixture thickens. If it doesn’t thicken enough, add another tablespoon of corn starch mixed with water.
- When thickened taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Serve over egg noodles if desired.